Friday, May 9, 2014

Saving Gracie Book Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Saving Gracie is a small-town murder mystery with plenty of humor, a touch of romance, a hint of paranormal, and enough suspense to raise your heart rate.

When Gracie is accosted by a redheaded ghost, Officer Marcel Trudeau assumes the old gal is hallucinating. Again. But to Gracie the dead girl is real, and her message is urgent—someone will die tonight.

Sure enough, a body surfaces in Echo Pond, and the town of Coyne Falls plunges into chaos. In the furor that follows, the victim's widow jumps out a window, a dead man sends text messages, a missing person is duct taped to a toilet, and a beagle runs howling into the night.

Meanwhile, the ghost sends Gracie on a mission: "follow the beagle" to save a life.

I did not not know of this author prior to this review. Now I can not get enough. The blend of mystery and creepiness is so enticing. The characters are all but holding you into the pages. I would love to have this book in a hard or paperback to add to my home collection, because it is just that good. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mysteries that develop throughout the entire book. This is the first book I've read by Nancy DeMarco but it won't be the last. Hopefully she will write many more books because she writes a story that you want to read. Nancy DeMarco is a talented storyteller and Saving Gracie is a book you won’t want to set down. As I was reading, I couldn’t help but think back to summer camp. We would sit around a campfire and tell stories until our eyelids were beyond heavy. There was always that one girl in the group who could tell a story in such a way your mouth was gaping open and you found yourself leaning in so you wouldn’t miss a single word. Nancy DeMarco is that girl for me. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough and I didn’t want to go to sleep until I had finished Saving Gracie.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment