Thursday, February 6, 2014

Guest Post Lung Leavin'Day!!! From Heather

My name is Heather and I am an 8-year survivor of mesothelioma – a rare cancer caused by asbestos exposure. When I was diagnosed, I had just given birth to my little girl and was told I had 15 months to live. After undergoing a risky surgery, which required the removal of my left lung, I beat the odds and created Lung Leavin’ Day as a way to commemorate this day that changed my life forever.

Lung Leavin’ Day is now used to encourage others to face their fears! One important thing cancer taught me is the importance of acknowledging these apprehensions that prevent us from living life to the fullest extent. Each year on February 2, friends and family gather at my house for a bonfire where we write our fears on plates and smash them into the fire.

This year, we are asking bloggers to face your fears and raise awareness of this event by virtually participating in Lung Leavin’ Day! I have created an interactive page that tells the full story of this special day, which can be found here: Mesothelioma.com/heather/lungleavinday

I would love it if you would check out the page and share it to help spread the word about Lung Leavin’ Day!

Let me know what you think!
Heather Von St. James


I would Love to Thank Heather for sending us this information and I will make it a point to share more about it next year on February 2nd. I would also like to Thank her for giving permission to copy her email that she sent to the page.  I think she has put this post into the best words and it is good to hear it come from someone who has and is there.   Thank you again Heather and if anyone has questions for Heather Please just ask and we will make sure she get them to answer.  Lets all do are part and Help Heather out.

No comments:

Post a Comment