Friday, January 25, 2013

Homemade Dish Soap


1/4 cup soap flakes or soap shavings (I used Fels Naptha.)
2 cups water
1-2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar  or lemon juice (I used vinegar.)
1 Tablespoon glycerin (optional)



Pour water and soap into a saucepan and slowly heat it over medium heat. Stir the mixture and keep heating it until all the soap has melted into the water. DO NOT let the mixture come to a boil. Turn down the heat if needed.

Allow the soap mixture to cool a bit, then stir in the vinegar . Keep it sitting in the pot until it is completely cooled, then pour it into an old dish soap bottle. I decided to use the DIY Mason jar dispenser I’d made. This recipe made JUST the right amount to fill it!



You can also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil if desired. I used about 5 drops of Lemon and it smelled so lemony fresh clean!


No comments:

Post a Comment