Saturday, June 9, 2012

Wait No More Book Review



When I read Wait No More I couldn't stop thinking about where the Rosati children would be today if not for God's love rescuing them out of their desperate situations into the loving arms of John & Kelly. What a BEAUTIFUL picture it is of the rescue stories that God has written for His children whom He has rescued out of a kingdom of darkness and into a kingdom of light!

I love the authenticity that John & Kelly display in the telling of their family's story. They don't sugar coat how difficult this process has been...but also leave you feeling so hopeful at the redemptive work that God can do in every situation.

As I read this book I laughed, I cried and I rejoiced with the Rosatis when they brought each of their kids into their forever home. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to any Christ-follower because we all have a part to play in caring for orphans.

From the back cover of the book .
"I kept thinking God was challenging us, asking us if we’d just pass by. Or would we be like the Good Samaritan who did something about the person in need right in front of him?”

A little boy who needed a home. An infant girl who needed a mother’s love. A toddler trapped in the insecurity of foster care. A tiny girl without a family. Kelly and John Rosati never expected to adopt four children from the U.S. foster care system. But God’s plan for them turned out to be more extraordinary than they could have dreamed. As you follow Kelly and John on their amazing journey through the child welfare system, you’ll be inspired by the story of how God brought their family together. And you’ll be challenged by the desperate needs of children still waiting for families.

Joining with her husband, John, to tell their story, Kelly Rosati, vice president of Community Outreach and cofounder of Focus on the Family’s Wait No More® program, takes you behind the scenes to share her inspiration and passion for the project.

The Rosati family’s story is one of hope amid challenges, beauty from ashes, and faith that sustains. It’s a beautiful picture of what family truly means.
Learn more about the Wait No More program and the Rosati family at Icareaboutorphans.org/ waitnomorebook.aspx






I highly recommend this book to anyone who is considering foster care adoption in their family or who has already adopted from foster care


4 comments:

  1. Wow Teresa! This sounds like a great and inspiring read. Thank you for sharing about this book. I hadn't heard of it until now. It's getting added to my list of books to read. :)

    Blessings,
    ~Rosann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great book. I would really read it.

      Delete
  2. I will have to give it a read

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just like the helpful info you provide on your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check once more here frequently.
    I'm somewhat certain I'll be told many new stuff proper here!
    Good luck for the next!
    Here is my weblog ; Read now

    ReplyDelete