Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Stress Point by Sarah Francis Martin






The author, Sarah Francis Martin guides you through tough decisions concerning your;

Money
Dating
Career
Family
Friends
Body image
And transform each one into God best for your life.

The secret is to let Christ be at the focal point of our lives not at the end of our road guy.

Right now, my eyes were opened to make just surviving to thriving in Christ, Daily.  I have a saying, “Gods got your back.”  Remember that!

So since God is always there, just go to Him first with everything like;

Your bills
Bank account
Job
Job interview
Broken heart
Drama (etc).
And declare, that Jesus takes those issues and you are free of stress.

Each chapter introduces a different name of God that the author elaborates on Christ’s Character.

NOTES:

Wait on Christ and his timing
Focus on Christ alone
Journal and get answers for your life
Do exercises to help you along your self discovery and life transforming issues the Godly way.
Walk with you and invite Christ into every corner of your life.  “If Christ is not your Focal Point, Go back to that.” Friendships. Career. Money. Dating. All these issues and more serve as points of stress for the 20-something woman, and combined they can make for a decade of drama in a girl's life. Sarah Francis Martin is the slightly older girlfriend who’s been there, done that, and got the not-so-cute t-shirt. Through this interactive Bible study, Sarah helps young adult women address each stress point by encouraging them to wait on the Lord, worship Him, and make Him the focus of their lives.Sarah wrote the book towards women in their twenties.  The book includes ten primary chapters.  Two of those focused on one topic.  Each of those chapters offers a different stress point in a young woman’s life.  Sarah refers about Jesus throughout the book.
The purpose of bringing in Jesus is to allow for a better interaction and relationship with him.  I found eight words in the introduction that stood out (capitalization my doing):  Godly success, Godly purpose, and Godly well-being.
Sarah has allowed space in each chapter for journaling exercises.  The journaling exercises allow you to really get into and relate to the book.  I found that by the end of the book I had written 15 typed pages worth and more than 6,038 words.  That is something I have never done for a book.
I was not sure what to expect when I started the book.  As I grew into it, I found myself connecting with it on a personal level.  The book provided a means for me to growth into my faith.  The areas of faith that I have grown into were previously areas that I was spiritual weak.
I would recommend this to every young woman in her twenties.  I promise you that you would not be disappointed with it.
Sarah Francis Martin has a passion to encourage and relate to women in their twenties, and is honored to do so through She Seeks, the 20-something ministry of Proverbs 31. Her relevant and conversational style will lead young adult readers to live out the Kingship of Christ in everyday life in order to find godly success, purpose, and well-being. Obsessed with pink lip gloss and all things artsy-crafty, Sarah lives with her husband and son in North Carolina. Her ministry, LIVE IT OUT!, is a space for 20-somethings to connect with one another and grow closer to Jesus.

Disclosure:  I received Stress Point: free of charge by BookSneeze through their blogger program.   All that I was required to do was write a review of the book.     The opinions expressed herein are my own.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a really good book. I will have to add it to my To Read list. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete